Computer date reset problem - ASUS P5VD2-X - G41MT-S2PT GIGABYTE - Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3GHz LGA775 Pin less - DDR2 - DDR3

Every time I restart my desktop computer it always prompted to press F2 during start up otherwise it will not complete the starting.

The problem is very apparent that the CMOS cannot retain its setting, I try to change the CMOS battery but the problem was not fixed.

Finally I decided to change the motherboard but I cannot find ASUS P5VD2-X which is the motherboard of my desktop computer; my other option is to use another motherboard model with the same LGA775 pin less processor socket so that I can still use the Core 2 Duo processor.

I found G41MT-S2PT GIGABYTE which has the same LGA775 processor socket as ASUS P5VD2-X but I have to totally replace the DDR2 memory to DDR3.

The problem during restarting is gone and I observed the speed increases.